Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Cast Is Off....

Harlie was not too sure whether she wanted to get her cast off, so she has a very confused look on her face....

She is starting to get more excited about getting her cast off, because I told her she could go swimming when she got it taken off....

Now she is excited...She is ready to get it off...

After they used the saw to cut the cast they stuck that tool in between the cut cast and used that to open up the cast. Harlie was watching very carefully....

And it's opening....and opening.....

Oh wait...He needs to cut a little more...

He's got it opened and taking it off....Look at Harlies little arm...

The poor girls arm was so dry and flaking dead skin...and it smelled horrible!!

And there they are, the pins that were holding her elbow together...It looks so crazy!!

The pins are out....Ew, it is kinda gross, so sorry! But I just need to make sure I have this documented so that I have it scrapbooked somewhere for Harlie to see.

I tried to get Harlie to smile and have one last picture with her cast and she was not having it...This is the best I could get! She was so brave when they took out the pins. It looked like it was painful so it was probably painful. Im just glad its over...

Harlies arm after her first bath...Her arm was really gross...Smelled and the skin was just falling off everywhere and it just looked really bad. You can't tell but her arm is cleaned and smells like Lavendar and it smelled so good...She did good!

Harlie is so funny..Harlie got her cast off on Thursday, April 14th and its now Sunday the 17th...I know I know, I should really try and be better but at least I am posting this....Anyways, Harlie still thinks her arm is broken at times and I will try and have her straighten her arm out straight or have her bend it in all the way and she tells me, "No mommy, it is still broken, I can't move it. It is still an owy!!" She is really funny!! So hopefully soon she will be able to start using it more. She uses it and she doesn't even realize it..She will be playing with something or climbing something and she uses it. She use to write with her right hand and she wanted to color yesterday so I put the crayon in her right hand and she switched it to her left. So we will have to see if  it stays that way or if it will eventually move back to the right hand. But overall Harlie is well recovered and her arm is healed and the cast is off so YAY!!!! She did amazing through this whole process.


No comments:

Post a Comment